PSAI’s strategic plan reflects the needs and realities of the world in which the portable sanitation industry serves customers and stakeholders. The plan is updated annually to reflect the evolving goals of the organization as we strive toward the PSAI’s vision of a world in which clean and safe sanitation is accessible to all.
PSAI strategic initiatives outlined in the plan include:
- Public Information and Education (EI)
- Implement a plan for transforming the images of the portable sanitation industry
- Develop and publicize positive data, messages and articles regarding the positive attributes and impacts of portable sanitation
- Promote World Toilet Day and World Portable Sanitation Day to raise awareness of the positive impact our industry has on the world.
Standards and Guidance (SG)
- Work toward universal recognition of our industry Code of Excellence
- Working both with global partners and as the portable sanitation industry leader, develop minimum standards using an ANSI/ISO compliant process
- Engage federal agencies to update OSHA standards and ensure the PSAI is a go-to resource during times of crisis
- Engage strategically with state and local decision-makers to impact rules and legislation
Training and Credentialing (TC)
- Update the PSAI’s certification program for Portable Sanitation Professionals.
- Increase the number of certified professionals
- Ensure that the PSAI’s certification program is accepted in jurisdictions requiring proof of qualification.
- Develop and deliver a series of training modules that are portable sanitation-specific and accepted by state licensing bodies for continuing education credit.
Supporting Members’ Business Success (MS)
- Research, develop and deliver a PSAI-branded report with key business benchmarks for operators
- Through alliance organizations or alone, make more business tools available for members
- Explore complementary non-profit association alliances
- Research and introduce affinity programs
The strategic plan also outlines goals for:
1. Enhancing member benefits
2. Building organizational capacity
3. Implementing annual planning/evaluation for key governance and operating activities
4. Sharing plans with PSAI members and inviting them to become involved